Summer solstice is right around the corner (June 21st, by the way!), and how better to celebrate the season than with a peek at one of Mexico’s most picturesque vacation spots?
Tucked away on the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico’s Caribbean coast, Tulum lures you in with its tranquil beaches, clear aquamarine waters and zen-like tropical settings. But, as you can see below, Tulum has it all for both adventure seekers and those wishing to leave their worries behind.
Top 5 Things To Do in Tulum
- Snorkeling – Ever wish you could see a sea turtle up close? Tulum’s Akumal – literally translated from Mayan to mean “place of turtles” – lets you get close to these magnificent sea animals as well as barracuda, sting ray and tropical fish. Or swim right from the shore to Tulum Reef to check out the marine life hassle free!
- Dining – Who can stick to margaritas for every meal? Find your favorite beach bar with fresh, local ceviche or delectable guacamole – the colors and tastes of Mexico are the perfect complement to your day’s activities.
- Mayan Ruins – Though we still don’t know why the Mayan civilization disappeared, the Tulum ruins offer a glimpse into the past. Once you enter the thick limestone wall surrounding the ruins, you can explore the art and architecture of the Castillo, or castle, and the temple. The blue waters that serve as a backdrop for the ruins are picture perfect!
- Shopping – Bring a little piece of Mexico home with you and support local vendors by shopping for crafts along the beach road. You’ll find colorful Mexican skulls, beach bags and handmade souvenirs for friends and loved ones who missed out on all the fun.
- Beach lounging – For the ultimate in vacation paradise, order a fresh coconut and chill out under an umbrella for hours of R&R! Tulum offers secluded spots like Kanlum Lagoon or public beaches like Playa Paraiso to wash your cares away.