Hot Toddies… The Perfect Cure for the Endless Winter
It’s not like anyone really *needs* an excuse to have a Hot Toddy, right? But your grandmother would probably tell you that it’s great for fighting a cold. Who are we to disagree?
With a healthy dose of Vitamin C and some honey to coat an ailing throat, Hot Toddies are soothing and satisfying, with or without the shot of whiskey. And for simplicity’s sake, a Hot Toddy really only requires 4 easy-to-find ingredients. Make this recipe your own by tinkering with the amount of each ingredient, and add a cinnamon stick to boost your intake of antioxidants. Enjoy!
Hot Toddy Recipe, courtesy of cookieandkate.com
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 ½ ounces of whiskey (substitute Rum or Brandy, if desired)
- 2 – 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2 - 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour the hot water into a mug.
- Add the whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Stir until the honey has disappeared into the hot water. Taste, and add additional honey for more sweetness, and/or more lemon juice for more zing.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and cinnamon stick (optional).
Voila! Your very own Hot Toddy will transport you to a warmer place – at least in your mind. Enjoy the coziness of sipping this simple cocktail with friends and have faith that spring will arrive. Wishing you a February filled with warmth and happiness!