Fall is the perfect time for a make-over! If that one little sentence sends you running for the hills, fear not! Our own marketing maven, Yessy Gutierrez, has perfected this simple routine to highlight all of your best features. With step-by-step instructions, you’ll be bringing the warm tones of fall into your daily routine – and you’ll be amazed by the results.
1. PRIME. Before you reach for your foundation or eyeshadow, prime your skin. Your daily moisturizer or a face primer will do the trick. Let it sit there for a minute or so before you start your next step. This step will make your makeup glide on easier, smoother and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. COLOR CORRECT. This step is very important. Prior to putting on foundation, make sure to color correct your skin. Green reduces the appearance of red blotchiness, red/orange reduces the appearance of veins and dark circles. Fun Tip: Whatever skin discoloration you have, choose the complementary color on the color wheel to cover it up. Red and green are complementary colors on the color wheel and green is used to blot our red.
3. FOUNDATION. Take a makeup sponge and run it under water. Squeeze the excess and use it to apply your foundation. Wetting the sponge blocks the foundation from being soaked into the sponge and also creates a dewy, fresh finish on the skin.
4. CONCEALER. Choose a concealer that's about 2-3 shades lighter than your skin. Apply it to your chin, the bridge of your nose, cupid's bow (I don’t know what this is – will most people?), under your eyes and between your eyebrows and the center of your forehead. This allows your skin to have an extra glow.
5. EYEBROWS. Make sure to follow the natural shape of your brows. You can use a pencil to create the shape and use a powder to fill in any areas that are light.
6. EYESHADOW. For fall, warm neutrals are best. A light beige/tan is great all over the eyelid, followed by a taupe/brown in the crease of the eye. You can add a bit of shimmer on the crease as well. Don't forget mascara!
7. CONTOUR. This is a must. Use a foundation 5-10 shades darker and create strokes under the jawline and a thin line from the below the chin to between your collarbones. Also, use contouring by blending it into your hairline around your forehead, as well as along your cheekbones. Contouring allows your other features to pop - your eyes, your cheekbones and lips.
8. BLUSH. Use minimal blush. Just a touch on the apples of the cheeks to add some color. Go with a color that's similar to your eyeshadow and lip palette.
9. HIGHLIGHT. Add a bit of highlight to your cupid's bow, the bridge and tip of your nose, on your high cheekbones and the center of your forehead starting from between your eyebrows.
10. LIPS. Make sure to line your lips first as this keeps your color in tact for hours. Following your lip liner, make sure to choose a lipstick or gloss that's the same shade or similar to your lipliner. Voila!
Watch the transformation on Veronica – already beautiful on the inside & outside. And when she pairs her make-over with the A’nue Crossover top, the look is absolutely stunning. Have fun!